Planning your retirement? Expert Tips from Select Villas on how to find your dream home
Are you dreaming of retiring in a sunny and tranquil place, where you can enjoy the Mediterranean lifestyle, the mild climate, and the stunning scenery? If so, you might want to consider buying a property in the Costa Blanca North, one of the most beautiful and desirable regions of Spain.
But how do you find your dream home in the Costa Blanca North? What are the essential features that you should look for when deciding on a place to retire to? How can you make sure that you are making a wise investment? In this blog we will share some expert tips to help you with your search.
Define your needs and preferences
Before you start browsing through the listings of properties for sale in the Costa Blanca North, you should have a clear idea of what kind of home you are looking for. Think about your needs and preferences, such as:
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- How much outdoor space do you want?
- Do you prefer a detached or a semi-detached property?
- Do you need a garage or a parking space?
- Do you want a swimming pool or a Community pool?
- Is having a view important to you?
- Do you want to be close to the beach, the town centre, or the countryside?
- Do you want to be within walking distance or a short drive to shops, restaurants, and other essential amenities?
- Have you considered healthcare needs and access to doctors and local hospitals?
- Do you want to be part of a community urbanisation or have more privacy?
- Have you thought about your Hobbies and Interests?
By answering these questions, you will be able to narrow down your options and focus on the properties that match your criteria.
Choose your location wisely
When looking for a place to retire to, location is one of the most important factors to consider. The Costa Blanca North offers a variety of locations. You should choose a location that suits your lifestyle, your interests, and your budget.
Some of the most popular locations in the Costa Blanca North are:
- Moraira: A small and elegant town with a fishing tradition, a yacht club and lovely beaches. Moraira has a high-quality residential offer, with many exclusive villas and apartments. It is also known for its excellent restaurants, shops and golf courses.
- Benitachell: A charming Spanish market town nestled inland and adjacent to Moraira. The proximity to the fabulous Cala del Moraig beach provides plenty of activities for leisure and relaxation. It has a quaint old town and boasts a variety of local shops, restaurants, and services. The town's community spirit is also evident through its many cultural events and festivals.
- Javea: A picturesque and cosmopolitan town with a charming old town, a modern port area, and three beautiful beaches. Javea has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with many activities and clubs for expats. It is also surrounded by natural parks and mountains, ideal for hiking and cycling.
- Benissa: A rural and authentic town with a medieval centre, an impressive cathedral, and several monuments, as well as an inland area with vineyards and almond trees. Benissa has a small coastal area with coves and cliffs (Benissa Costa).
- Calpe: A vibrant and touristy town with a spectacular rock formation called the Peñon de Ifach, which dominates the skyline. Calpe has two long sandy beaches, a promenade with many cafes and bars, and a lively nightlife. It is also close to other attractions such as the Altea old town and the Guadalest valley.
- Altea: A charming and artistic town with a whitewashed old town, a blue-domed church, and a bohemian vibe. Altea has a pebbly beach, a marina, and an esplanade with many craft stalls and galleries. It is also home to many cultural events and festivals throughout the year.
- Denia: A lively and historic town with a castle, a marina, a fishing port, and a long sandy beach. Denia has a rich cultural and gastronomic offer, with many festivals, museums, restaurants, and bars. It is also well connected by road, train, and ferry to other destinations in Spain and abroad.
Hire a professional real estate agent
Finding your dream retirement property in the Costa Blanca North can be a challenging and time-consuming task. That is why you should hire a professional real estate agent who can guide you through the process and help you with all the legal and practical aspects.
A good real estate agent will:
- Listen to your needs and preferences and show you the properties that suit them.
- Provide you with accurate and up-to-date information about the market, the prices, and the trends.
- Negotiate the best deal for you and help you with the paperwork and the contracts.
- Provide assistance and advice with financing, insurance matters and utility arrangement.
- Support you before, during and after the purchase.
At Select Villas of Moraira, we are a team of experienced and qualified real estate agents who specialise in the Costa Blanca North. Our office team is multilingual, speaking English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Valenciano, and Italian. We offer a personalised and professional service, with honesty, integrity and transparency.
We have a wide range of properties for sale in the Costa Blanca North, from cosy apartments and townhouses to luxurious villas and country houses. We can help you find your ideal home in the Marina Alta, whether it is Denia, Javea, Moraira, Calpe, Altea, Benitachell, and Benissa.
Select Villas of Moraira Real Estate, your trusted partner in finding your dream home for your retirement.
Picture-perfect retirement: Let Select Villas help you
Finding your dream home to retire to in the Costa Blanca North is not an impossible task, but it requires some planning, research and professional guidance. By following these expert tips, you will be able to find the perfect property for you and enjoy your retirement in this wonderful region of Spain.
We hope you found this blog post useful and informative. If you did, please share it with your friends and family who might be interested in buying a property in the Costa Blanca North. And if you have any questions or comments, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
- Landline: +34 966 490 861
- Mobile phone: +34 616 002 993
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Av. Madrid, 5, 03724 Moraira, Alicante, Spain