Enjoy Winter in Moraira: Plenty of Activities To Do
As the temperature drops and many places are bracing for winter's chill, Moraira on the Costa Blanca stands out as the perfect destination to escape to. Thanks to its mild Mediterranean climate, this charming coastal town remains an appealing destination with various activities on offer and lots of interesting places to explore during the cooler months.
Join us as we uncover the hidden treasures and unique experiences that await you during the winter months in Moraira and the surrounding region.
- Exploring the Town: Wander around the charming streets of Moraira's town centre. Explore the quaint shops, cafes, and restaurants, and take in the picturesque scenery.
- Shopping: Aside from the weekly Moraira market, we are lucky to have two large indoor shopping malls with well-known brand stores in one place, close by Portal de La Marina in Ondara and La Marina in Finestrat and a little further afield is La Marina Dos in Alicante. Also worth a visit is the Mercat del Riurau in the small rural village of Jesus Pobre.
- Hiking: The cooler temperatures make it a comfortable season for outdoor activities. The surrounding countryside offers some excellent hiking opportunities offering a range of signposted tracks and trails including Font Santa, Benimarco, Castellons and Cap d’ Or. The Montgó Natural Park and the Ifach Rock Natural Park also have beautiful trails. The beaches and coastline are also less crowded, providing a peaceful setting for leisurely strolls up to the local Pepperpot.
- Golf: Moraira has several golf courses including Club de Golf Ifach 9-hole and Club de Golf Javea 18- hole and driving range are two local clubs that remain open year-round for members and non-members.
- Cycling: The Costa Blanca is one of the most beautiful cycling regions in Spain with many World Tour teams training here and with coastal and mountain routes offering something for all grades. In the neighbouring town of Javea there are many cycling routes to choose from. Pop into the Select Villas office for a Map of the routes.
- Cultural Activities: Visit local museums, art galleries, and historical sites like the Torre Vigía Cap d'Or (watchtower), the 19th Century church Nuestra Señora De Los Desamparados or visit the Gothic walled town of Teulada to learn about the area's history and culture and take in a walk of all the historical buildings.
- Wine Tasting: The Costa Blanca region is known for its wine production. Take a tour of local Bodegas and enjoy wine tasting sessions to experience the local flavours. Jalon Valley is the centre of the wine-making region known for its Moscatel and full-bodied reds.
- Festivals and Events: Check the local event calendars for winter festivals, markets, and holiday celebrations. Moraira often hosts cultural events, including live music performances that continue throughout winter months, for example Santa Cecilia in November, Three Kings fiesta December/ January and The Moraira Carnival in February. The Auditori Teulada also hosts many cultural events such as ballet, opera, and music recitals.
- Dining: Savour traditional Spanish cuisine at local restaurants. Try paella, tapas, and other regional dishes. Winter is an excellent time for enjoying hearty, warm dishes. Pop in to Select Villas for our recommendations on our favourite local haunts.
- Yoga and Wellness Retreats: Moraira offers a tranquil setting for yoga and wellness retreats. Many retreat centres operate throughout the year, offering relaxation and rejuvenation. There are also local Pilates classes and groups providing classes for all abilities.
- Day Trips: Use Moraira as a base to explore nearby towns and attractions. Visit Javea, Altea, Calpe, Guadalest, Benidorm or even Valencia for day trips filled with sightseeing and cultural experiences. There are local tours available, or you can easily drive to all these locations in a day. The gardens of L`Albarda in Pedreguer are also worth a visit!
- Bird Watching: The winter months bring migratory birds to the region. Birdwatchers can take advantage of this time to spot various species in the natural reserves and wetlands. Discover the rich diversity at the Pego Marshes a significant wetland site where you may spot the Moustached Warbler. The Parc Natural del Penyal d'Ifac has a diverse fauna which is emphasized by the presence of migratory, vagrant, and nesting birds like Eleonora’s falcon or the cormorant as well as 80 other varieties. Another local notable spot is Las Salinas Calpe where amongst the regular Flamingos and Black-winged Stilt there have been up to 173 species of birds.
Escape the Cold: Explore Moraira's Real Estate Options with Select Villas
Moraira in winter offers a tranquil and authentic Spanish experience without the summer crowds making it a perfect time to visit.
Contact Select Villas today to start your real estate journey, whether you're in search of your dream home or looking to sell your property. Get in touch with us now to discover the range of services we can provide, Select Villas ¨Simply the Best¨!
- Landline: +34 966 490 861
- Mobile phone: +34 616 002 993
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Av. Madrid, 5, 03724 Moraira, Alicante, Spain