Image galleryMore Photos
The inland towns: a hidden treasure in the Marina Alta
Within 15 mins. drive of the coastline you will find a multitude of very Spanish towns and villages. Whether they are perched atop mountains or cradled in valleys, each of these towns shares a common theme of narrow streets and passageways that branch out from main church square. The architectural styles found within are a blend of ancient and traditional, with post-civil war 1950s and 60s structures, as well as more contemporary designs.
Most of these charming towns and villages offer a handful of cozy bars, cafes, and restaurants, as well as a bakery, a general store, a pharmacy, and a weekly open-air market. Larger inland towns such as Jalon, Teulada, Benissa, Orba, Pedreguer, and Lliber, are all very self-sufficient. Nestled between these small towns or adjacent to them, are a variety of large urbanizations (well-managed developments).
These provide a mix of modern accommodation built to current or recent European standards, in the peaceful and serene unspoiled Spanish countryside, offering stunning valley views and a picturesque mountain backdrop at significantly lower prices compared to their coastal counterparts. It would be impractical to attempt to capture the individual character and aspects of each of these towns and villages as there are literally hundreds within the Marina Alta region.
Exploring the inland options of the Costa Blanca North to buy a property
Once you have a clearer idea of which region you prefer to be in, we can then concentrate on exploring the suitable inland choices.
The key inland focal points – south to north are:
- Benissa. The inland part of Benissa Costa – between Calpe and Moraira, as mentioned above.
- Jalon Valley. The wine producing valley consisting of: Senija, Lliber, Jalon, Alcalali & Parcent.
- Teulada & Benitachell. Nice small towns, attached and/or associated with Moraira.
- Gata & Jesus Pobre. Very Spanish villages, inland from Javea. Famous for its basketware and classical guitar makers.
- Orba & Murla. At the epicentre of the Marina Alta – between the Grape and the Cherry valleys.
- Orba Valley, Vall de Laguart, Vall d’Ebo, Vall de Gallinera. The wonderful remote cherry growing valleys –
- Pedreguer, Ondara, La Xara. Self-contained small towns with satellite villages, inland from Denia.
How to find your ideal property in the inland towns and villages of the Costa Blanca North
When you are looking for a property in the Costa Blanca North, you might be tempted by the stunning coastline and the popular resorts of Calpe, Moraira, Javea and Denia. However, beyond the coast, you can find charming inland towns and villages that offer a different lifestyle and a rich cultural heritage.
Whether you prefer the wine-producing valley of Jalon, the cherry-growing valleys of Orba and Gallinera, or the traditional villages of Benissa, Teulada and Gata de Gorgos, at SELECT VILLAS we offer a wide range of options that cater to your preferences and budget. Contact us today and let us help you find your dream property in this beautiful region:
- Tel. +34 966 490 861 | +34 616 002 993 | +34 677 197 159 (out of hours)
- Email email@example.com